Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bye-Bye claws :(

We decided to have Zoey de-clawed and spayed at the same time. So on July 6 we dropped her off at the vet and later that afternoon Marlee and I went to visit her (she had to stay overnight). She was doing really well...up eating and drinking when we got there. The vet tech told us that before they gave her the anesthesia that morning she and another kitty (male) the same age were reaching through their cages and trying to touch paws :) Wish I had picts of that...


As you can imagine, the cone was not her favorite thing...a little hard for her to coordinate ;) I don't have many picts of her with the cone on...but she would just lay around most of the time and when she did get up she would mope around with her head down (it probably felt like she was carrying this 20 pound thing around her head). It was pretty funny and pretty sad too :(

We were able to bring her home on Tuesday morning...she was still getting morphine and pretty sleepy. We found her trying to soak up this little sliver of sun on the floor...
We were told she had to keep the cone on for, at the very least, a week. And the day before we could take it off, I came home from work and noticed one of her stitches had come out and I could pull back her pad. So, we had to take her back to the vet the next day so they could put another stitch in. Unfortunately, that meant another week of wearing the cone (a longer one this time) and a week of antibiotics as well :( Lucky for me she is awesome at taking medicine!

1 comment:

  1. That cone looks heavy for a cat that small. Poor thing. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete