Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh What Fun

Our new home! As of this post the house is FINALLY almost done...we are hoping to close on Tuesday next week! Hopefully this is the last major stress for a while...this year has been a little busy. The house was supposed to have been done before Thanksgiving so that Nate and I could move the week of Thanksgiving...that didn't happen, so we have been living at Nate's parents' house for the last week and a half because our apartment lease was up on the 30th of November. Kind of a pain in the butt...we had to move all of our stuff into one of those PODS storage things and then basically live out of a suitcase at his parents' house until the house is finished. Anyways, here's few pictures showing the progress :)



I think I already talked about Nate and I deciding to tile the whole main floor and the upstairs bathrooms and laundry room...the next few pictures are of Nate laying all the tile. He's basically amazing!

Apparently this next picture didn't flip like it was supposed to...oops!












Yay for grass! It looks much more like a home with the sod in.



This picture shows the comparison to our neighbors exterior colors...the right side is obviously much better looking ;)







Master bath...with Nate in the closet


Master shower


Master tub


Jack and Jill bathroom between the two guest bedrooms (Mel and Mar's bedrooms)


Mel and Mar....how do you like the double sinks and gigantic mirror???



Laundry room



Shelves above washer/dryer



Now...welcome to our blue polka-dot house :) The builder wanted us to walk through the house and mark areas that needed to be fixed/touched up. You'll notice (by all the pretty blue pieces of tape) that we have some fabulous painters who were responsible for our house ;) Basically, I've decided their philosophy was...if you can't really see it...it doesn't need to be painted very well. Nice huh?!




















That's all for now...hopefully next week we'll be able to move in and the next pictures on the blog will be of the house with our stuff in it :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I absolutely LOVE your kitchen cabinets!! I'm having some house jealousy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete